On April 12 TOP101 Debate was held in Riga on the initiative of Prudentia and Nasdaq Riga and was dedicated to the role of SOEs in economic development.
TOP101 Debate organizers were intended to increase awareness and understanding among policy makers, politicians, companies, investors and other important stakeholders regarding the benefits of listing SOEs for society.
“Decision-makers in Latvia have been toying with the idea of listing SOEs for decades with no tangible results or clear decisions. Latvia is paying a heavy price for this indecisiveness", - stressed Kārlis Krastiņš, Managing Partner of Prudentia.
International experts, domestic decision-makers and opinion leaders were discussing listing of SOEs as a way to increase their contribution to the national economy - by encouraging growth strategies, transparency and accountability to stakeholders - based on international experience and recent examples from the Baltic region.
TOP101 Debate speakers:
· Tālis Linkaits, Minister of Transportation
· Hannes A. Takacs, Head of ECM and CMI, Capital Markets Development, EBRD
· Valdo Kalm, CEO of Tallinna Sadam (Port of Tallinn)
· Rafael Szczepaniak, Head of EMEA Emerging Markets Coverage, UBS IB
· Pawel Szaja, Partner of Shearman & Sterling LLP
· Pēteris Stepiņš, CEO of Swedbank Pension
· Reinis Bērziņš, CEO of the Development Finance Institution Altum
Participants from the Baltic States, Poland, Hungary, the United Kingdom and Japan honored with their presence at TOP101 Debate.
Video recordings of the event are available here: TOP101 Debate video